Latin American Business Studies
Interested in the vibrant and booming economy of Latin America? Sign up for the Latin American Business Studies exchange course at HAN University of Applied Sciences!
Look to the future and connect your career to Latin America
Latin America’s influence is present in many aspects of our daily business and cultural environment. If you are interested in the social and cultural aspects of Latin America, and are looking to prepare yourself for a challenging career in international business, this exchange course might be exactly what you are looking for.
You will acquire valuable insights into Latin America through a variety of informative lectures by experienced HAN lecturers and leading individuals from both the business community and the academic world.
During a study trip to a Latin American country, you will gain first-hand experience of Latin America and witness how a Latin American business operates.
Visit our website: http://latinamericanbusinessstudies.wordpress.com/
Visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MinorLatinAmericanBusinessStudies/
Visit our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/latinamerica_han/
- Business, culture and society of Latin America
- Doing business in and with Latin America
- Marketing focused on Latin America
- International law
- Research methods
- General and Business Spanish
Type of exchange course
- A block course is offered once or twice a year in a block during a semester
- A differentiation course enables you to develop your professional competences in a different/broader context than your current study programme
The learning outcomes and competences below will help you decide whether this exchange course matches your personal goals.
After completing this course, you will be able to build, maintain and expand business relationships with the focus on Latin America.
- Analyse international markets
- Describe cultural differences in general and in the context of Latin America
- Formulate policies to gain entrance to the Latin American market and/or strengthen your position in this market
- Construct a business plan or an export plan for a Latin American market
- Communicate with prospective business partners in Spanish
- Collaborate within a team
- Analyse and practice international law, finance and marketing in the Latin American context
For more information:
For content information:
Harriet van Munster
Tel: 0655434177 / 0614743432
Subscribe? Good to know!
For popular minors a draw takes place 3 to 4 weeks after the opening, if there are at that time more subscribers than available places. For the minors with places still available applies until the closing of the subscription period: Once a minor is full, it is closed!
In addition, if the number of subscribers after three weeks is below the norm; this minor may possibly be withdrawn. So if you are interested, sign up immediately!
Subscribe in time!
Note: For HAN students it means that, in case of cancellation of the first choice AFTER the period of decision (this takes about three weeks) they may re-subscribe for the still available minors.
Even then: Once a minor is full, it is closed!
A good overview of the HAN minors can be found in the minors app! The app is accessible via: http://www.minoren-han.nl/
An exchange course will be of most benefit to you if it complements your study programme and/or your professional profile, is at an appropriate level and does not overlap with your major.
For students who:
- are enrolled in business studies or a related degree
- have an affinity with Latin America and/or Spanish
Completed 2 years of a degree at a university of applied sciences or 1 year of a degree at a university.
Signing up after the enrolment period? Send a mail to Aleid.vanHeek@han.nl
Assessment During this exchange course your performance will be assessed in the following ways:
- Case studies
- Written exams
- Oral exams
- Project plan
- Written assignments including a paper
This exchange course has the following schedule and learning activities:
In the first week of period 1 lectures (45 minutes each) and activities are scheduled each day; in weeks 2-9 of periods 1 & 2 lectures and activities are scheduled 4 days a week: average 18 lectures / activities per week covering the following areas:
- Global Marketing, International Law, Research, Finance and Report Writing
- Project: Design a business- or export plan on how to expand a European business to Latin America or vice versa
- Business, culture and society of Latin America including study trip
- General and Business Spanish for beginners (level A1 /A2) or advanced (level B1/B2)
All lectures, excursions and activities are compulsory. The study trip is not compulsory, but highly recommended. Financial contribution by students for travel & expenses will be determined at a later moment (indication of expected costs are around euro 1550).
- Case studies
- Lectures and guest lectures
- Project participation
- Business-related excursions
- Cultural excursions
- Study trip