In an authentic or realistic project environment, the student works full time for ten weeks in a multidisciplinary and multinational team on concrete results in the field of their own training or outside of it.
The projects run throughout the year. They are multidisciplinary and multinational in nature. The methodologies of Prince2 and Systems Engineering are applied at an advanced level. The positioning of the project or the social interest is not forgotten.
In this setting, learning objectives are pursued at three levels, namely
- Learning to realize one or more subject-specific assignments in the domain of one's own study program or outside it. The assignment always depends on that of other team members.
- Project-based collaboration is of the utmost importance. The student learns to take responsibility for his own task without losing sight of the importance of the project as a whole.
- In the above-mentioned project space, the student enters into a dialogue between the project and himself and reflection on his own actions and performance is the competence to be developed. Their own talents and motives play an important role in this.
This minor can be performed at various Living Labs, for example at the following:
1) "Formula Student", location Delft
2) "Urban Innovations", location Delft
3) "Technology for Health", location Delft / The Hague
4) Other projects
An electric racing car is being built in this project. This will be used in the competitions in the context of the Formula Student competition in Silverstone (England) and / or in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria. Further explanation on request.
This is the long-term project of the Living Lab "Urban Innovations" that is aimed at putting a sustainable, electrically powered vehicle on the market for people and / or cargo in the urban environment of Delft on the basis of sustainable mobility concepts. The "last mile" issue is central. Further explanation on request.
Technology for Health
This project consists of a portfolio of research and development projects that provide solutions in the field of health using technology. The projects are preferably multidisciplinary: there is possibility of much cooperation between students of engineering, health, IT & media, finance & control, commercial economics, social professions and sports in order to arrive at social, organizational and technical solutions that are supported by users ( citizens) and participating authorities and / or companies. Further explanation on request.
New projects are constantly being initiated. The current state of affairs can be requested from the contact person of this minor. Further explanation on request.
Students develop self-formulated subject-specific and personal learning objectives. The latter are approved by the minor coordinator.
With regard to project-based collaboration, a critical success factor is being able to cope with the high degree of personal freedom and the associated responsibility. The aim is that the student has grown in this.
The ultimate goal on a personal level is being able to deal with the tussle between self-interest and the importance of the project. This requires that the student (a) be aware of his or her own talents and can use them in a functional way and (b) have insight into their own motives.
Indication of target group
Students from all programs from inside and outside The Hague University of Applied Sciences on the condition that there is a match between the assignment and the student's education, experience and learning needs.
Teaching methods + studyload
Study load is 15 credits.
This is subdivided:
- Workshops (4 hrs / wk x 10 wk = 40 hours = 1.5 credits)
- Project, incl. Theoretical and practical work (26 hrs / wk x 10 wk = 260 hours = 9.75 credits)
- Intervision or personal coaching (2 hrs / wk x 10 wk = 20 hours = 0.75 credits)
- Network activities & contacts with / visits to companies or other partners (4 hrs / wk x 10 wk = 40 hours = 1.5 credits)
- Project-based tasks (4 hrs / wk x 10 wk = 40 hours = 1.5).
Bedrijfsleven, gemeente(n), technologiebedrijven , adviesbureaus.
With team: full time (40 hrs / wk), including at least 1 hrs / wk personal coaching. Locations: New Betafactory and Betafactory 137 in Delft.
This minor is combined with the Minors International Project 1 & 2 for the Formula Student and Urban Innovations projects in implementation. This means that reporting is always done in English. The spoken language is English, unless the case arises that only Dutch-speaking students participate in the projects. This also applies mutatis mutandis to projects from other Learning Labs.
Minorkrant De Haagse Hogeschool
- The student has passed his / her propaedeutic exam. In other words, the student has the basic knowledge and skills of their own discipline.
- The student has the basic knowledge and skills of project-based (collaboration) work.
- Both the subject-related and personal learning objectives of the student are in line with the objectives of the project and can be realized in the context of the project.
- Letter of application with motivation including curriculum vitae, addressed to the contact person. (*)
- An intake interview with the project leader of the relevant project is part of the admission process. After receiving the letter of application, the student is invited for an intake interview.
* Students who register via Kies op Maat (KOM) must send the motivation letter including CV together with the learning agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org
The assessment is based on the following proceeds from the personal assignment, namely:
- Substantive reports, documents, notes and products (hardware, software).
- Documents created within the framework of project-based collaboration. Examples of this are agendas & minutes of meetings, work meetings, policy documents, procedures, reviews, evaluations of processes and reports in the context of issue management.
- Documents prepared in the context of personal development. These include their own talent profile, personal journals, journals, interview notes, feedback received and given, reflection reports and assessments.
Minimum requirements for sufficient
The supervising lecturer gives a C1 assessment based on substantive reports in readable English, satisfying the requirements of methodology and knowledge that the relevant study program places on reporting or otherwise describing a generally accepted reasoning of problem analysis, quantitative or qualitative research and development up to and including with conclusion and recommendations or else reflection from a pre-selected professional perspective on one or more processes within the project.
A C2 assessment is given for project-based collaboration with their own team members and stakeholders.
An assessment C3 is given for reflection on own actions and associated personal development.
Participation in all workshops Cultural Differences / English Course, Strengthsfinder, project management & system engineering are mandatory. The attendance is registered, homework checked and "assessed" with "Pass". If not present, this will be "assessed" with "Fail". For this accompanying education, a "Pass" is given if all components have been assessed as "Pass", otherwise a "Fail".
There are also general tasks in the context of public relations. These are not assessed, but in view of the importance of these tasks for the continuity of the projects, every student must have made a contribution to this. If this is the case, the PR tasks are "assessed" with "Pass", otherwise with "Fail".
The overall assessment is expressed in the final grade which is a weighted average of the above figures. Final mark C = (1/3) * C1 + (1/3) * C2 + (1/3) * C3.
The final grade C is only awarded, that is to say entered in Osiris, if both accompanying education and PR tasks have been assessed as "Pass".
Handouts, readers, project archive. Confluence. Books related to your own substantive assignment and personal learning objectives.
Students are encouraged to consult university libraries and visit relevant symposia / conferences / scholarships.
Ten days before the start of the minor, an email with information about scheduling will be sent to you.