Resilient Entrepreneurship (1st semester 20/21)
The course is focusing on the development of resilient business case for student concepts. In a combination of creation focused courses ( like design research, design thinking, lean startup and creativity tools) and realization focused course (like online marketing, value network analysis, business model generation) Students work in 20 weeks towards their Dream project business case.
- Translate the general business challenge into a design brief and investment decision that enable you to put together a business case
- The student will be able to generate insights on a macro, meso and micro level that enable to identify promising business options in the ideation phase relevant for putting together a viable business case.
- The student understands processes of ideation, the generation of a variety of alternative solutions to specific problems, or answers to opportunities (based on and supported by information gathered on these problems, opportunities).
- The student is able to structure and facilitate the process via various techniques, such as sketches, scenarios, prototypes, models etc. towards promising business options.
- The student knows how to apply this knowledge to specific challenges related to new business cases and to business processes.
Upon successful completion of this course students are able to select a business case from the generated options. This choice is based on the following criteria:
- Viabiltiy (financial plan)
- Desirabiltiy (marketing,sales, branding)
- Feasibility (organization, value network)
- Qualitative trend research, identify and apply relevant trends
- Qualitative and quantitative research on market segmentation (TAM, SAM, SOM), being able to identify in competition and sector/value network. Qualitative research on user profiling: human centered design research, persona’s, customer journey
- Idea finding and idea production
- Creative skills
- Creativity in organizations
- Prototyping and prototype testing Scenario thinking
Online marketing, concept statements, value network analysis, financial management, pricing strategy, revenue modelling
Structure of minor
Students work on their personal development in de the Drive part during the 20 weeks. Each student has access to a personal coach and a project coach. According to the design cycle model of Tim Brown the course consists of 3 modules: Inspiration, Ideation and implementation.
Interactive tutotorials, coach meetings , milestone meetings and guest lectures
Marketing basics and financial management basics
Oral exam in which the business case is presented and discussed