Resilient Entrepreneurship (1st semester 22/23)
The course is focusing on the development of a resilient business case for student concepts. In a combination of creation focused courses (like design research, design thinking, lean start up and creativity tools) and realization focused course (like online marketing, value network analysis, business model generation) Students work in 20 weeks towards their Dream project business case
1.Translate the general business challenge into a design brief and investment decision that enable you to put together a business case
2.The student will be able to generate insights on a macro, meso and micro level that enable to identify promising business options in the ideation phase relevant for putting together a viable business case.
- The student understands processes of ideation, the generation of a variety of alternative solutions to specific problems, or answers to opportunities (based on and supported by information gathered on these problems, opportunities).
- The studentis able tostructure and facilitate the process via various techniques, such as sketches, scenarios, prototypes, models etc. towards promising business options.
- The student knows how to apply this knowledge to specific challenges related to new business cases and to business processes.
Implementation Phase: Upon successful completion of this course students are able to select a business case from the generated options. This choice is based on the following criteria:
- Viabiltiy (financial plan)
- Desirabiltiy (marketing,sales, branding)
- Feasibility (organization, value network)
Upon successful completion of this course the student has created awareness on the personal development of the student in relation to entrepreneurship. Every student should be aware of his strong points and the weaker ones. It is not only about how to be successful but also how to manage failure.
Marketing basics and financial management basics, entrepreneurial mind set and 3 years of Bachelor Program
Propaedeutic certificate obtained
Presentation of the Boost camp case
Annual reports linked to the business simulation
Oral exam in which the business case is presented and discussed
Drive program; 3 assignments
- Identify and apply qualitative trend research
- Identify and apply qualitative and quantitative research on market segmentation (TAM, SAM, SOM), identify competition and sector/value network. Qualitative research on user profiling: human centered design research, persona’s, customer journey
- Idea finding and idea production
- Creative skills
- Creativity in organizations
- Prototyping and prototype testing Scenario thinking
- Develop, create and test online marketing, concept statements, value network analysis, financial management, pricing strategy, revenue modelling
Develop entrepreneurial competencies, creative and entrepreneurial skills in order to generate and produce new initiatives for businesses. Amongst others: reflective, planning, goal setting, leadership, risk taking, networking and team working skills.
Qualitative trend research, identify and apply relevant trends
Qualitative and quantitative research on market segmentation (TAM, SAM, SOM), being able to identify in competition and sector/value network. Qualitative research on user profiling: human centered design research, persona’s, customer journey
Idea finding and idea production
Creativity in organizations
Prototyping and prototype testing Scenario thinking
Online marketing, concept statements, value network analysis, financial management, pricing strategy, revenue modelling
Goal setting (Smart), reflection skills (STARR, on team and individual), position paper on entrepreneurship, planning
Structure of the minor
Students work on their personal development in de the Drive part during the 20 weeks. Each student has access to a personal coach and a project coach. According to the design cycle model of Tim Brown the course consists of 3 modules: Inspiration, Ideation and implementation.
Interactive tutorials, coach meetings, business simulation, milestone meetings and guest lectures
Business Cases are focusing on an international business challenge