What paradoxes and challenges are leaders dealing with nowadays?
If you think of yourself as a leader in an organization, what does that look like? Do you picture yourself innovating organizational structures? Speaking to people from various cultures on a daily basis? Using creative processes to select the employees of the future? Or coaching your colleagues to discover their strengths?
Are you curious about your own capabilities as a leader? Then the minor Innovative Leadership is a great choice for you!
During this minor we take you on a leadership journey that shows you the paradoxes and challenges leaders are dealing with nowadays. In the world around us new technologies are taking over and employees and leaders are expected to be creative and innovative. Leaders need to work together with people from various cultures, unlimited by time zones. This new reality means that leaders need to be flexible, creative, think innovatively and motivate the human capital in an organization.
The paradoxes are related to the following questions:
· How can you inspire and communicate without manipulating?
· How can you motivate change and still value the traditions in an organization?
· How can you claim room to be creative and still be efficient and effective?
Within this minor we work in an interdisciplinary team, with lecturers and trainers from different fields and studies. We also work with leaders and managers from organizations, so you will gain insight in the world of your potential employers. Our aim is to bring you in contact with internationally focused organizations as their next leaders. The minor is based on recent studies and theories and focuses on how, as a leader, you can optimize human capital and how you can deal with rapidly changing technology.
How do I apply?
The application process regarding the Kies op Maat minor at Saxion is a bit different than described at www.kiesopmaat.nl
How does it work?
Step 1: Download the learning agreement from the Kies op Maat website and let it sign by a member of the exam commission at your own educational institution ánd sign the document yourself.
Step 2: go to https://sis.saxion.nl/account# and fill in your personal data
Step 3: you will receive an automatic generated email from IAM including your username and password
Step 4: go the https://sis.saxion.nl, log on with your username and password which you have received from IAM and apply!
Step 5: After this we can process your application for a Kies op Maat minor at Saxion
Please note : in 'Upload documents' you are requested to upload some documents. The following documents we need:
- A copy of your valid passport or ID-card. No driving license!
- A copy of your propaedeutic diploma or a printout from the DUO diploma register. In case you do not have the propaedeutic diploma yet, we would like to receive an official statement from your educational institution in which they state that you will receive the propaedeutic diploma before the start of the minor.
- Learning agreement, page 1, 2 and 3 (signed by a member of the exam commission of your own education institution and student)
- Original Proof of Payment. You can collect the document, even when you are paying in terms, at your own educational institution. Soon you will receive more information.
If you have further questions, please let us know. You can contact Saxion Student Registration, telephone number: 088 – 019 1808.
This Minor is suitable for full-time students who have gained 60 ECs from the first year of their studies. This Minor is not suitable for current students of Academie Mens en Arbeid at Saxion.
Application for non-Saxion students
- Before registration through Kies op Maat, please contact email@example.com and ask if there are any remaining open spots.
- Make sure your learning agreement has been delivered to Saxion before the application deadline.
Theoretical exams and assessments.
You will study the literature that is given to you during the lessons. You will also receive a list of books at the start of the minor.
You’ll be working in groups, individually, in class and within real organizations dealing with real life cases. The courses are highly focused on developing skills, but have a solid theoretical foundation.
The minor consists of the following courses:
- Introduction to Leadership
- Leadership Communication 1
- Creativity Workshop
- Leadership Communication 2
- Intercultural Communication
- HRM for Leaders
In this program you will learn to be an Innovative Leader by being a:
- Credible Activist (being pro-active and trustworthy)
- Strategic Positioner (interpreting context and customer);
- Capability Builder (crafting a culture that stimulates innovation);
- Culture and Change Champion (initiating and sustaining change); · Human Resource Innovator and Stimulator (optimizing human capital);
- Technology and Media Integrator (improving and integrating HR and communication with technology and media).