Positive Psychology & Technology
What is humanly possible in today’s world full of technology?
High-tech innovations are the order of the day and affect every part of our society and personal life. Yet for many people it is a real challenge to learn to acquire these new technologies and to make use of all the possibilities they offer. This raises interesting questions about the psychological learning process people go through and how to improve it.
This minor gives you the opportunity to develop tools, to learn about psychological processes and helps to increase awareness of strength, self-efficacy, well-being, self-regulation and resilience of people in a changing world. You will gain knowledge of current models, methods, instruments, best practices and theories in the field of human-technology interaction, usability testing, design and ethics. During the minor you will acquire knowledge through a series of (guest) lectures, practical assignments, literature, discussion and an applied research project.
After having completed the minor you can:
- Develop tools, explain and apply methods to increase awareness of strength, self-efficacy, well-being, self-regulation and resilience of people in a changing world.
- Describe the psychological mechanisms involved in dealing with technology;
- Carry out empiric research in a group of respondents to see how people experience and appreciate a particular technological innovation;
- Present research results;
- Link human characteristics to their experiences with and appreciation of the use of technology;
- Reflect on the ethical limits of technological innovations.
Application for non-Saxion students
- Before registration through Kies op Maat, please contact email@example.com and ask if there are any remaining open spots.
- Make sure your learning agreement has been delivered to Saxion before the application deadline.
How do I apply?
The application process regarding the Kies op Maat minor at Saxion is a bit different than described at www.kiesopmaat.nl
How does it work?
Step 1: Download the learning agreement from the Kies op Maat website and let it sign by a member of the exam commission at your own educational institution ánd sign the document yourself.
Step 2: go to https://sis.saxion.nl/account# and fill in your personal data
Step 3: you will receive an automatic generated email from IAM including your username and password
Step 4: go the https://sis.saxion.nl, log on with your username and password which you have received from IAM and apply!
Step 5: After this we can process your application for a Kies op Maat minor at Saxion
Please note : in 'Upload documents' you are requested to upload some documents. The following documents we need:
- A copy of your valid passport or ID-card. No driving license!
- A copy of your propaedeutic diploma or a printout from the DUO diploma register. In case you do not have the propaedeutic diploma yet, we would like to receive an official statement from your educational institution in which they state that you will receive the propaedeutic diploma before the start of the minor.
- Learning agreement, page 1, 2 and 3 (signed by a member of the exam commission of your own education institution and student)
- Original Proof of Payment. You can collect the document, even when you are paying in terms, at your own educational institution. Soon you will receive more information.
If you have further questions, please let us know. You can contact Saxion Student Registration, 088 – 019 3000.
The minor is suitable for both part-time and full-time students who have passed their first year. Proficiency in English is preferably at level C1 as described by the CEFR, but at least at level B2. Part of the application procedure is writing a letter of motivation in which the students indicated why they wanted to take part in the minor program.
This minor is not accessible to students who enrolled in the Applied Psychology program from the year 2016-2017.
This minor is only offered part-time with sufficient students.
The various course components will be assessed in different way: assignments, reports and tests.
The bibliography can be found at Studystore.nl at the start of the minor.
The minor consists of the following courses:
- Psychology & Technology: state of the art
- Usability design
- Positive Psychology
- Persuasive Technology
- Research and Project management
- App prototyping
- Research project
You'll prepare and join classes, both theoretical and practical. Furthermore, you'll make assignments outside of classes (independent study time) in groups as well as individually. Finally, over the course of this minor program you will (learn how to) plan and execute a research project. We expect students to be curious, interested, pro-active and goal-oriented.