Smart Embedded Systems
Smart Embedded Systems: everywhere, anytime, any platform.
Everywhere you look nowadays, you see Smart Embedded Systems: a piece of hardware with software inside. Think of your phone, robots, Smart TV’s or IoT devices. Here you learn how to build them.
Most smart embedded systems are built around an System on a Programmable Chip or small operating system and include smart technologies like image recognition or sensor fusing. In this minor you learn the basics of building these systems and how to make them smarter. We focus on new technologies loT, Security and interface design for small devices, but also give a solid understanding of vision, operating systems and FPGA’s.
Application for non-Saxion student:
How do I apply?
The application process regarding the Kies op Maat minor at Saxion is a bit different than described at www.kiesopmaat.nl
How does it work?
Step 1: Download the learning agreement from the Kies op Maat website and let it sign by a member of the exam commission at your own educational institution ánd sign the document yourself.
Step 2: go to https://sis.saxion.nl/account# and fill in your personal data
Step 3: you will receive an automatic generated email from IAM including your username and password
Step 4: go the https://sis.saxion.nl, log on with your username and password which you have received from IAM and apply!
Step 5: After this we can process your application for a Kies op Maat minor at Saxion
Please note : in 'Upload documents' you are requested to upload some documents. The following documents we need:
- A copy of your valid passport or ID-card. No driving license!
- A copy of your propaedeutic diploma or a printout from the DUO diploma register. In case you do not have the propaedeutic diploma yet, we would like to receive an official statement from your educational institution in which they state that you will receive the propaedeutic diploma before the start of the minor.
- Learning agreement, page 1, 2 and 3 (signed by a member of the exam commission of your own education institution and student)
- Original Proof of Payment. You can collect the document, even when you are paying in terms, at your own educational institution. Soon you will receive more information.
If you have further questions, please let us know. You can contact Saxion Student Registration, telephone number: 088 – 019 3000.
This minor is allowed only for full-time students of:
- Applied Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EIE)
You must have passed at least 45 credits of the second year. Students from Software Engineering studies are only allowed after an entrance test.
The assessment is based on a mix of practical assignments, group assignments, individual written and online examinations and a project assignment.
The minor runs over two consecutive terms and consists of practical and theory modules besides a big project. Depending on already followed courses and previous knowledge (tested with assessment if needed) you may choose additional courses besides. Total credits must be at least 30 ECTS in total.
- Project (12ec)
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing (3ec) or Operating Systems (3ec)
- Embedded Systems (5ec)
- Vision (5ec)
- Security and IoT (5ec)
- Cross-platform App development (5ec)