International Sportmanagement 2
At Stenden University of Applied Sciences, you will do more than simply gain knowledge; you get to put theory to practice with real-world cases. You do this in small groups, with students from all over the world. Discover your strengths, develop your own opinion, and use your expertise to solve problems. So that you’re ready to make the world your own.
The sports management minor gives you an insight
in sport sponsoring by applying a sponsor case. You will negotiate a
sponsorship deal with a professional in the sport sponsoring industry. On the
other hand you will study and apply all the strategic steps of marketing to a
sports company of your choice. You will also organize sports outdoor
activities/events like GPS, Speed Buggy, Lacrosse, Mountain Bike, Bootcamp,
Ultimate Frisbee, Floorball, Cricket. All of this will be applied in a week of
adventure sports in the Sauerland (Germany).
- Can organise an adventure sports activity
- Can apply all strategic marketing principles to a sports company
- Developing a vision of trends in the environment, developing relationships, networks and chains
- Directing in networks
- Initiating, creating and marketing products, services; independently and enterprising
- Setting up business and organisational processes
- Self-steering competency: intrapersonal
- Social and communicative competency: interpersonal
In order to fully prepare you for your Kies op Maat study at Stenden, two introduction days -together with incoming exchange students from abroad- are scheduled. During these days you will get a campus tour, meet teachers and staff, learn how to use (ICT) facilities on campus and you will be introduced to the student life. Moreover, we offer an introduction to our learning system: Problem Based Learning (PBL). Understanding the PBL system is fundamental for your successful study experience at Stenden. Therefore we expect you to be present these two days.
Completed International Sportmanagement 1
- Organisation outdoor sports – group assignment
- Presentation strategic sport marketing
- Sponsor negotiation
- Parks, J.B, Quaterman, J. (2002). Contemporary sport management. Champaign: Human Kinetics
- Swarbrooke, J., Beard, C., Leckie, S., & Pomfret, G. (2003). Adventure Tourism, The new frontier. Oxford: Elsevier Science.
- Westerbeek, The Strategic Sport marketing Planning Process
Monday - Friday