(International) Entrepreneurship in Action
(International) Entrepreneurship in Action (EiA) is an opportunity to use the comparative advantage of Stenden university as an international higher education network-organization to create international network learning (and teaching) for students. So ‘unleashing potentials’ to create integrated
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding regarding Entrepreneurship, which exceeds the level of secondary education.
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge and insight (the theoretical guidance is the book Entrepreneurship in Action), and of digital and other media that make it possible to function at a level where knowledge of the latest developments in this field of entrepreneurship is needed.
· Is competent in developing and deepen arguments in order to find solutions in the field of Entrepreneurship
· Has a professional approach in his work
· Is able to collect relevant data and interpret the topic Entrepreneurship in order to judge the relevance of it.
· Considers in his judgment and in making decisions relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
· Is capable to explain information, ideas and solutions on Entrepreneurship
· Is capable to transfer information, ideas and solutions on Entrepreneurship to an audience of specialists or non-specialists.
· possess learning skills that are necessary to enter a follow-up study which assumes a high level of autonomy.
· Can show and demonstrate his individual contribution in the development and realization of his personal business plan, and a robust time registration, thereby showing the capability and competences of a correct justification of his learning process.
In order to fully prepare you for your Kies op Maat study at Stenden, two introduction days -together with incoming exchange students from abroad- are scheduled. During these days you will get a campus tour, meet teachers and staff, learn how to use (ICT) facilities on campus and you will be introduced to the student life. Moreover, we offer an introduction to our learning system: Problem Based Learning (PBL). Understanding the PBL system is fundamental for your successful study experience at Stenden. Therefore we expect you to be present these two days.
This study program is a framework for learning entrepreneurship, with an emphasis on learning. This means that participants gain a lot of experiences -and thus learn- by finding out topics regarding the theory of entrepreneurship find out and present their findings to others (explain to others is by De Sousa, the most effective method to learn).
The program is rounded off with the presentation of a "personal business plan" (you have to convince the financier of your plan: why would someone invest "€ 5,000" in you and in your education?).
The PACT system of action points registration, time registration, the signed authenticity statement and a digital portfolio is documenting the learning process, making it verifiably and provide adequate information for an assessment ("assessment") of acquired skills at the various levels of complex behavior and actions.
Testing is done on the basis of the theory presentations, presenting a personal business plan, CRAP portfolio and scores on specific (theme) assignments, such as the elevator pitch.
Entrepreneurship in Action , M. Coulter.