International Agribusiness Research Project
The student will design and execute a professional project as a junior consultant, in which economic research, business research and business development are combined.
The student will evaluate performance of (virtual) agri-food companies, based on theoretical concepts, practical inputs and forecasted external developments.
The student will reflect on outcomes of expected business development in line with present strategies of actual agri-food companies.
Learning goals minor:
- Students learn the supply chain of a chosen agro-food company
- Students applies business economics theory to describe the business performance of a chosen agro-food company
- Student applies innovation theories to identify new business opportunities for a chosen agro-food company
- Students learns how to increase the sustainability performance of a chosen agri-food company
- Student develops an organisational change plan to adapt the organisation to new business opportunities
- Students learns how to act as a project manager
- The student learns how to reflect on himself/herself to increase his/her learning capabilities.
- Development of vision and strategy for an (international) agro-food business (Bachelor, level 3)
- Prepare and implement a practical business research in the agro-food sector (Bachelor, level 3)
- Management of organizations, processes and projects, and people (Bachelor, level 3)
- Steering and developing one’s own professional acting, level 2
- Advising about financial aspects of the operation of an agro-food business (Bachelor, level 3)
- Strategic marketing of products and services in the global agro-food market, level 2
Having completed at least 2 years Bachelor program in Agribusiness or related fields.
Please hand in a copy of your propaedeutic certificate and an offcial copy of your grade list.
VBA4MVEARP1 International Agribusiness Research Project
Individual portfolio exam containing:
1. Research report, professional product
2. Process report and project plan, professional product
3. Presentation of research outcomes and recommendations
4. Reflection on project activities and self-study program
Relevant agribusiness handbook, related to specific self-study program.