Leadership, Sustainability and Business
#international #newbusinessmodels #projectbased #Breda
Today’s global social and environmental issues are complex and complicated. They cannot be solved by governments on their own. Companies and institutions also play a huge role in this necessary sustainable transition. By taking part in this programme, you will learn how to act upon these issues to make an impact.How?
It is uncertain what various current developments will bring, but they are definitely here to stay. The Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and blockchain will provide our society and businesses with new opportunities.
As a course participant, you must prepare to embrace this uncertainty. You will challenge the existing business models from the perspectives of personal leadership and sustainable thinking. And you will develop new ones to make a meaningful contribution to the 21st-century embedded economy.
You will develop skills with respect to sustainable business models, sustainable strategy and transition, inner leadership, system thinking, ethics, creative thinking, change management, and intercultural collaboration.
Coaches will support you in creating your own learning strategies, guide you through your learning process and act as sparring partners. You are fully accountable for your own learning process.What?
You will benefit from the programme’s strong industry linkages as you will be working on actual projects with real organisations. Some of the projects previous students worked on in order to challenge the existing business models are:
- How can blockchain technology alter the publishing industry?
- How can Breda accelerate the use of electric cars?
- How can local farmers smarten their business by using a sustainability matrix?
- How can an accounting firm become 100% circular while involving all stakeholders?
In order to answer these questions, students have conducted research in numerous fields of interest:
- Planetary economy: challenging the models of endless growth
- Re-thinking corporate strategies for a sustainable and equitable future
- Transforming economic thinking towards sustainable development
- Personal footprint: create your own model for a positive societal and environmental impact
- Impact investment for both financial return and social and environmental good
- Multiple value creation and social enterprising
Upon completion of the Leadership, Sustainability & Business programme, you will have learned:
- who you are as a leader, and what role you play or can play in the bigger picture.
- how you can engage and inspire all your relevant stakeholders as part of your sustainable business strategy.
- how you can use contemporary trends and developments to your advantage as a sustainable business leader.
- to understand the new economic order and what is necessary to move towards a sustainable future.
- how you can successfully make an impact in a company or its entire supply chain.
- how you can use creative and innovative thinking to develop sustainable business models.
Level: third-year or fourth-year bachelor
This programme has been designed for students who wish to promote social, environmental and economic sustainability in their personal and professional lives.
Leadership, Sustainability and Business challenges you to develop your own sustainable thinking and business models. We work with multi-level assessments: self-assessment, peer-assessment and coach-assessment. These assessments are based on the level of complexity, self-reliance and self-efficacy.
At the end of the programme, you, your peers and coaches will decide collaboratively whether all the ECTS credits will be accredited.
This 30 ECTS programme is entirely project-based. This means traditional lectures, exams and schedules have been replaced with assessments, individual coaching on demand, and serious games. Instruction hours, stand-up meetings, and additional courses and keynote speaker sessions are organised in an agile way. We strive also to match each Dutch student to a foreign student in order to broaden their perspectives.
- Phase A:
- Cultural awareness
- Individual assignment: exploration
- Toll gate #1: individual presentation
- Phase B:
- Applying for/obtaining assignment
- In small groups: defining/analysing the challenge
- Toll gate #2: midterm evaluation
- Phase C:
- In small groups: creating solutions
- Toll gate #3: midterm evaluation
- Phase D:
- In small groups: implementing solutions and creating impact
- Toll gate #4: final oral exam (individually)
- Phase E:
- In small groups: sharing & inspiring stakeholders
- Creating impact in broader perspective
Business model innovation 5 ECTS
Sustainable transition 2 ECTS
Multiple value creation 2 ECTS
Impact analysis 2 ECTS
Strategic management 2 ECTS
Change management 5 ECTS
Personal leadership 12 ECTS