Minor Information Sciences
The minor 'Information Sciences' enables students to bridge the gap between non-RU bachelor programmes and our master programme in Information Sciences.
- NWI-IBC043 - Introduction to Academic Writing and Research Methods for Computing Scientists (3 EC)
- MAN-BCU321 - Systems Theory (6 EC)
- NWI-IPK001 - Introduction to Formal Reasoning (6 EC)
- NWI-IBC020 - Information Systems (3 EC)
- NWI-IPC021 - Security (6 EC)
- NWI-IPC033 - Information Modeling & Databases (6 EC)
As the minor prepares for the master Information Sciences, it contains introductory courses to areas that are typically lacking in the students' background, i.e., mathematics (i.e., formal reasoning), scientific research, and specialization courses from computing science and business administration.
The minor is scheduled in the 1st semester (1 September 2020 t/m 31 January 2021). The schedule and prospectus will be available around 1 July 2020.
Third or fourth year's students from the Bachelor's of Applied Sciences Universities. Acceptable course programmes include, for example, computing science, information sciences, electrical engineering, artificial intelligence, bio-informatics. If unsure about your eligibility for this minor please contact us.
The type of examination for each course is mentioned in the course description in the on-line prospectus: https://www.ru.nl/prospectus/
The literature used for each course is mentioned in the course description in the on-line prospectus: https://www.ru.nl/prospectus/