International Applied Animal Science
Animal Husbandry knowledge: nutrition, health, land use, feed production, housing, welfare, farm management, farm economics, husbandry sector, sustainability, operational processes in animal husbandry
Skills: advising, presentation, research, reporting, problem analysis, farm management, project management, team work
You will learn:
• To write professional papers applying theory of animal performance.
• To operate a farm advisory assignment from intake to final reporting and advice discussion.
• To develop and execute a quantitative applied research followed by advise development and presentation on related innovations.
• To execute, manage and report a production system development project assignment in animal husbandry.
• To develop your professional competencies for job requirements in animal husbandry sector at Bachelor level (primary, secondary or tertiary).
In case of a low number of applications for the minor, the minor may not be offered. After closing the registration period, you will be informed as soon as possible (no later than 7 June 2019).
You have to study in a Bachelor Animal Husbandry or comparable study program.
You always need to have at least 90 credits from your Bachelor program at the moment of registration and at least 120 credits to be able to start with the minor.
Provide documents for entry requirements: Grade list from your current Bachelor program that is showing you are fulfilling the entry requirements.
For ‘Animal Performance Science’ you have to submit three individual papers and two group papers.
For ‘Farm Advice’ you will act as a team and have to submit a farm report, an advice report and a planning, activity and reflection report, you have to execute an advice meeting and an individual reflective interview.
For ‘Research and Innovation’ you have to work in a small team and submit a research proposal, a research report, an article on your research and you will do an interactive presentation on your research and recommendations.
For ‘Sector Development’ you will act as a project team and submit a project plan, your background report, your specific project deliverables, a reflection report and an individual reflective oral interview.
For Professional Orientation you have to submit several individual products in your portfolio related to your personal development.
Grade between: 1.0 - 10.0
Through the course website literature will be announced that will also be available web-based or in the library.
30 EC corresponding with 30*28 hours work load = 840 hours.